Sunday, February 1, 2009

Another stripe related post.







How I L O V E s t r i p e s.



I'm not too really sure why I do so much, it may have somthing to do with the fact that they relate so well to nautical themes, which I always adore. Somthing about them makes me tick, and in the past few months I have grown so incredibly fond to them.




So I sit here, proclaiming my love for stripes, thinking all the while that I am slightly delayed with the stipes admiration, (seeing as I remember about three or four years ago, stripes were the "it" thing, especially the green and white striped hoodies ( from BONDS, maybe?), and for me, I wasnt so fond of them at the time, probably due to the fact that everyone was wearing them.) but all the while it seems I am ever more fashionable as I thought. VOGUE named stripes and geometric prints ( yay for polka dots/stripe combinations!) are one of the top 25 most prominent trends of 2009.

All due to the lovely D& G, with their rendition of 1940s bathing suits ( and all things nautical) inspired collection, which was full of stripes!

A post about stripes? random, why yes.

I guess this was all brought on about the excitement of my swedish sweater which im assuming it will take at least 10 days to reach me, if not longer... but im patient.
au revoir.

2 comments:

Mama Fury said...

The reason I love stripes is this gorgeous fellow in stripes: http://cfs8.tistory.com/upload_control/download.blog?fhandle=YmxvZzIwNTIzMUBmczgudGlzdG9yeS5jb206L2F0dGFjaC8wLzM5LmpwZw==

I wish I was the girl in the first photo on this blog post haha.
xx

Lady Melbourne said...

I love stripes as well, but I'm a little unsure how to wear them.
I just bought a new stripe top, we'll see how it goes!
LM
x